DoveLewis is embarking on a capital campaign to expand services and clinical space to better serve pets in our community. We are seeking an ambitious Senior Development Officer to join our high functioning fundraising team.
The Senior Development Officer is a strategic and organized project officer that is just as comfortable managing deadlines as they are conversing with donors. A strong communicator both in person and in writing, this position will be responsible for establishing our annual giving donor cultivation and solicitation strategy. A genuine love of and respect for all animals is required, as is an appreciation of the human-animal bond.
This is a hybrid position split between work from home and a waterfront office with onsite staff parking. Schedule is anticipated to be five days a week.
Salary range is $71,000-78,000 annually depending on education, certification, and experience.
Who we are looking for:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of non-profit development principles.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to speak in public.
- Intermediate level skills using MS Office.
- Skill in partnership-building at individual and corporate level.
- Proficiency in creative thinking, working as a team, and developing new ways to engage established and prospective donors.
- Skill in following up with donors and sponsors.
- Strong organizational, project management skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to prospect and cultivate new donors.
- Ability to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to have daily contact with development and marketing staff and other staff members, including regular contact with the Board of Directors, medical staff, administrative staff, donors, prospective donors, corporate sponsors, and the general public. Contacts often include confidential information.
Education and Experience
- Experience or education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in fundraising, non-profit management, sales, communications, or related field of study,
- Two to three years of demonstrated success with individual or corporate fundraising, or donor acquisition,
- A successful track record of personally identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors, corporations, and foundations for support,
- Fundraising experience in a non-profit setting,
- Demonstrated success meeting and exceeding annual budget fundraising goals,
- Local affiliations and ties highly preferred,
- Experience using donor database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred),
- Experience writing appeals,
- Any suitable combination of experience or education will substitute.
Why do employees love working at DoveLewis?
- We provide generous employee benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time-off, veterinary discounts, and a positive work environment.
- We provide continuing education benefits and abilities to grow your skills and capacities.
- We live up to our mission of providing the best emergency, critical, and specialty care to our patients and service to our clients.
- Your work makes a difference to the animal-loving community and to individual pet owners on a daily basis.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the online application, and upload a resume.
DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen for illegal substances and background screens required.