Be a part of advancing veterinary medicine at our state-of-the-art emergency and specialty hospital that is committed to helping the animal-loving community.
'DoveLewis is a great place to grow - let us help you! Every DVM we have here is welcoming and willing to help, you are never alone when working through cases and caring for your patients.” – Lindsey McGuire, DVM
In our 50-year history, we’ve built a collaborative community that is dedicated to serving every animal and every person who cares for them including having funds to help low-income families, lost pets, abused animals, and wildlife. As an Emergency Veterinarian, you will have the ability to transfer patients between our ER/ICU and on-site Specialists to ensure the highest level of emergency and critical care for walk-in and referral patients. Your day-to-day will include:
- Performing initial patient evaluation and medical management of diverse caseloads
- Managing the flow of the ER or ICU floor
- Effectively communicating with clients on treatment plans and more
- Building a network of good working relationships with our rDVM community
What Are We Looking For?
Whether you’re early on in your career or you’re a seasoned Veterinarian looking to advance yourself somewhere new, we want to connect! We are looking for:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent from an AVMA-accredited school of veterinary medicine or certification through ECFVG required.
- Diagnostic and technical skills to handle emergency and critically ill patients.
- An understanding of and passion for a client-centered practice.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work in a critical care environment.
- Ability to be licensed in the state of Oregon.
Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training may substitute for the above.
What You Can Look Forward to Here:
A Place for Learning & Growth:
We are a teaching hospital with 7 AAHA-accredited services, and we want you to have the resources to grow your career. This includes:
- A culture of collaboration to help you feel supported during your shifts including:
- 24/7 on-call surgery availability
- 7-day Criticalist coverage
- Working on cases with our on-site 14+ board-certified veterinary specialists in Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, Radiology, Dermatology, Allergy, and Otology.
- Multiple certified specialized services:
- Urgent Care to help manage lower acuity cases
- Pain Management and Hospice Care
- Exotics Care
- The ability to focus more on the pet with help from our 200+ teammates including 6+ certified technician specialists, and dedicated support staff of well-trained client service representatives, client liaisons, financial coordinators, DVM coordinators, and more.
- A well-equipped hospital with a dedicated ICU, digital radiography, ultrasound, echocardiography, 1.5 Tesla MRI and 64-slice CT, mechanical ventilator, flexible and rigid endoscopy and otoscopy, on-site blood bank, ability to perform hemodialysis and plasmapheresis, and more!
- Being a part of teaching the next generation of professionals through our well-respected student extern and internship programs
- Access to one of the industry's most popular veterinary training tools, atDove
- Extensive resources for Continued Education, including free lectures and opportunities to attend conferences, plus on-the-floor training, wet labs, and more.
Tools for Financial Wellness:
Feeling like you are making the best financial decisions as you plan for the future can be intimidating. We offer tools to help:
- Student Loan Repayment Program (qualify in your first month!)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer
- 403b Plan with equitable employer contributions for all staff regardless of ability to contribute
- Workshops and coaching to help with your financial decisions
- Financial support for professional development
- Veterinary discount
- Paid professional dues and memberships
A Focus on Well-Being:
As you take care of patients and their families, we want to help take care of you:
- $0 mental health copays
- A Veterinary Well-being Program led by our on-site, licensed clinical social worker
- Being a part of a nonprofit organization that reinvests back into its staff, services, and resources with no investors looking for a payout. This includes donor-supported community programs like our on-site volunteer blood bank, Low-Income Assistance Fund, Abused Animal Fund, Stray & Lost Animal Program, Wildlife Program, Pet Loss Support Program, and Canine-Assisted Therapy & Education.
Assurance for the Future:
Have peace of mind that your health is a priority to us. Here, you’ll have the resources you need:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Holiday pay
- Bereavement leave, including time off when a pet family member passes away
The PNW Advantage:
With the ocean an hour away to the west and mountains an hour away to the east, Portland is an epicenter for animal lovers like you. We offer:
- Relocation reimbursement
- Efficient public transit and miles of bike lanes
- Plus, we’re doubling our clinical space with our new facility opening in 2024 so there’s plenty of space for you to grow!