DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital is seeking full-time a Certified Veterinary Technician to join our Surgery Team.
As a Surgery Technician, you will be responsible for the coordination, direction, and organization of surgery preparation and assisting surgeons with all aspects of surgeries and post-operative care through compliance with the surgeon’s orders. On a daily basis, you will set up specialized surgical equipment for procedures, and place catheters. You will induce and maintain anesthesia during surgery for various departments. Monitor patient recovery and perform treatments on day cases and other miscellaneous technician duties. This position requires solid technical skills.
A genuine love of and respect for all animals is required, as is an appreciation of the human-animal bond.
Wage: $28-$36 hourly depending on education, experience and certifications. Additional pay available for Veterinary Technician Specialists (VTS). Also includes overnight and weekend differential pay for applicable shifts.
Schedule: Surgery Technicians work 5/2 rotating schedules with 10 hours shifts, and rotating weekends. This means you have a consistent schedule that makes planning the rest of your life easy, and you get 5 days off in a row every other week!
Currently hiring for day shift from 9am-7pm.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
· Lifelong learners who are eager to face new challenges every day and actively participate in our teaching hospital culture.
· A commitment to providing both patients and clients with the highest standard of care at a client-centered hospital.
· The ability to handle stressful situations in a fast-paced environment with compassions, efficiency, and flexibility.
· Minimum of three years of experience in critical care or emergency small animal care preferred.
· Minimum of three years of experience in anesthesia and analgesia preferred.
· Current status as a Certified Veterinary Technician in the state of Oregon OR currently Licensed Veterinary Technician OR Registered Veterinary Technician elsewhere with the ability to transfer license to Oregon.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Any suitable combination of experience or education may substitute for the above.
What you can look forward to at DoveLewis:
· We live up to our mission of providing the best emergency, critical, and specialty care to our patients.
· Advancing your emergency and critical care skillset at a teaching hospital dedicated to the growth of our employees.
· As a nonprofit with community-focused services your work makes a difference to the animal-loving community and to individual pet owners on a daily basis.
· Work alongside a talented team including 6 specialties under one roof.
· Student debt repayment assistance (qualify in your first month!)
· Equitable benefits, including $0 mental health copays, preventative care, LGBTQIA-friendly providers, and options for families.
· Continuing education and professional dues and licenses assistance including a membership to atDove, which offers 100+ hours of on demand RACE approved CE content.
· Access to VTS mentorship and support.
· Relocation assistance available for licensed technicians.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, you MUST complete the online application and upload a resume. Resumes received without a completed online application will not be considered.
DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.