Be a part of advancing veterinary medicine at our state-of-the-art emergency and specialty hospital that is committed to helping the animal-loving community.
'DoveLewis is a great place to grow - let us help you! Every DVM we have here is welcoming and willing to help, you are never alone when working through cases and caring for your patients.” – Lindsey McGuire, DVM
In our 50-year history, we’ve built a collaborative community that is dedicated to serving every animal and every person who cares for them including having funds to help low-income families, lost pets, abused animals, and wildlife. As an Emergency Veterinarian, you will have the ability to transfer patients between our ER/ICU and on-site Specialists to ensure the highest level of emergency and critical care for walk-in and referral patients. Your day-to-day will include:
- Performing initial patient evaluation and medical management of diverse caseloads
- Managing the flow of the ER or ICU floor
- Effectively communicating with clients on treatment plans and more
- Building a network of good working relationships with our rDVM community
What Are We Looking For?
Whether you’re early on in your career or you’re a seasoned Veterinarian looking to advance yourself somewhere new, we want to connect! We are looking for:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent from an AVMA-accredited school of veterinary medicine or certification through ECFVG required.
- Diagnostic and technical skills to handle emergency and critically ill patients.
- An understanding of and passion for a client-centered practice.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work in a critical care environment.
- Ability to be licensed in the state of Oregon.
Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training may substitute for the above.
What You Can Look Forward to Here:
A Place for Learning & Growth:
We are a teaching hospital with 7 AAHA-accredited services, and we want you to have the resources to grow your career. This includes:
- A culture of collaboration to help you feel supported during your shifts including:
- 24/7 on-call surgery availability
- 7-day Criticalist coverage
- Working on cases with our on-site 14+ board-certified veterinary specialists in Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, Radiology, Dermatology, Allergy, and Otology.
- Multiple certified specialized services:
- Urgent Care to help manage lower acuity cases
- Pain Management and Hospice Care
- Exotics Care
- The ability to focus more on the pet with help from our 200+ teammates including 6+ certified technician specialists, and dedicated support staff of well-trained client service representatives, client liaisons, financial coordinators, DVM coordinators, and more.
- A well-equipped hospital with a dedicated ICU, digital radiography, ultrasound, echocardiography, 1.5 Tesla MRI and 64-slice CT, mechanical ventilator, flexible and rigid endoscopy and otoscopy, on-site blood bank, ability to perform hemodialysis and plasmapheresis, and more!
- Being a part of teaching the next generation of professionals through our well-respected student extern and internship programs
- Access to one of the industry's most popular veterinary training tools, atDove
- Extensive resources for Continued Education, including free lectures and opportunities to attend conferences, plus on-the-floor training, wet labs, and more.
Tools for Financial Wellness:
Feeling like you are making the best financial decisions as you plan for the future can be intimidating. We offer tools to help:
- Student Loan Repayment Program (qualify in your first month!)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer
- 403b Plan with equitable employer contributions for all staff regardless of ability to contribute
- Workshops and coaching to help with your financial decisions
- Financial support for professional development
- Veterinary discount
- Paid professional dues and memberships
A Focus on Well-Being:
As you take care of patients and their families, we want to help take care of you:
- $0 mental health copays
- A Veterinary Well-being Program led by our on-site, licensed clinical social worker
- Being a part of a nonprofit organization that reinvests back into its staff, services, and resources with no investors looking for a payout. This includes donor-supported community programs like our on-site volunteer blood bank, Low-Income Assistance Fund, Abused Animal Fund, Stray & Lost Animal Program, Wildlife Program, Pet Loss Support Program, and Canine-Assisted Therapy & Education.
Assurance for the Future:
Have peace of mind that your health is a priority to us. Here, you’ll have the resources you need:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Holiday pay
- Bereavement leave, including time off when a pet family member passes away
The PNW Advantage:
With the ocean an hour away to the west and mountains an hour away to the east, Portland is an epicenter for animal lovers like you. We offer:
- Relocation reimbursement
- Efficient public transit and miles of bike lanes
- Plus, we’re doubling our clinical space with our new facility opening in 2024 so there’s plenty of space for you to grow!
DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran or military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check is required.