DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital is seeking full-time Certified or Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our Exotics team. We are hiring for Swing shifts.
As a Certified Veterinary Technician, you will be responsible for providing our clients with a top-notch experience as well as responsible for providing emergency nursing care to patients. On a daily basis, you will calculate medical dosages, administer medications, run in-house lab work, place tubes and catheters, monitor critical care anesthesia, ensure patients' comfort, update clients on their pet's progress, and perform a variety of other tasks. This requires solid technical skills.
A genuine love of and respect for all animals is required, as is an appreciation of the human-animal bond.
Wage: $28-$36 hourly, plus overnight and weekend differential for applicable shifts. Additional pay consideration available for VTS (ECC) or other relevant specialty credentials.
Schedule: ER technicians work 3/4 rotating schedules with 10 hours shifts. This means you have a consistent schedule that makes planning the rest of your life easy, and you get 3 or 4 days off in a row every week! If you have other schedule needs, please feel free to reach out and start a conversation, we're always happy to discuss options.
Currently hiring for swing shifts.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Preferred minimum of three years working with non-domestic animals/exotics.
- Comfort mentoring other staff on exotic animal medicine.
- Lifelong learners who are eager to face new challenges every day and actively participate in our teaching hospital culture.
- A commitment to providing both patients and clients with the highest standard of care at a client-centered hospital.
- The ability to handle stressful situations in a fast-paced environment with compassions, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Preferred minimum of two years working in the veterinary field as a technician or assistant.
- Preferred minimum of one year emergency or other specialty small animal care experience.
- Current status as a Certified Veterinary Technician in the state of Oregon OR currently Licensed Veterinary Technician OR Registered Veterinary Technician elsewhere with the ability to transfer license to Oregon.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any suitable combination of experience or education may substitute for the above.
What you can look forward to at DoveLewis:
- We live up to our mission of providing the best emergency, critical, and specialty care to our patients.
- Advancing your emergency and critical care skillset at a teaching hospital dedicated to the growth of our employees.
- As a nonprofit with community-focused services your work makes a difference to the animal-loving community and to individual pet owners on a daily basis.
- Work alongside a talented team including 6 specialties under one roof.
- Student debt repayment assistance (qualify in your first month!)
- Equitable benefits, including $0 mental health copays, preventative care, LGBTQIA-friendly providers, and options for families.
- Continuing education and professional dues and licenses assistance including a membership to atDove, which offers 100+ hours of on demand RACE approved CE content.
- Access to VTS mentorship and support.
- Relocation assistance for licensed technicians.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, you MUST complete the online application and upload a resume. Resumes received without a completed online application will not be considered.
DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.