DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital is hiring a Doctor Coordinator
to join our hospital support team.
As a Doctor Coordinator, you will support the receiving ER Veterinarians by performing administrative duties and communicating with the Charge Nurse in coordinating patient flow.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Record patient history from the registration sheet into the patient medical record
- Attach rDVM records, pictures, diagnostics, etc. to the patient medical record
- Begin discharge templates for DVM approval and finalization
- Dispense prescriptions per DVM instructions
- Track and help finalize diagnostics
- Coordinate with Charge Nurse to schedule procedures
- Coordinate patient care such as surgery and ultrasounds between departments
- Locate and room patients
- Follow up on client communications as appropriate
- Schedule specialty consultations for clients
- Create cost estimates per DVM instruction
- Review and discuss cost estimates with clients
- Get client signatures on informed consent and estimates as appropriate
- Set up for specific exam types including fluorescein stain and ear cytology
- Be available as a second set of hands for doctor’s exam
- Call and wait on hold for poison control
Who we are looking for:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of veterinary practice and safety measures.
- Working knowledge of skills required to nurse emergency and critically ill animals preferred.
- Working knowledge of veterinary computer systems to input charges and other client/animal information.
- Knowledge in general janitorial and cleaning methods.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work in cooperative and close fashion within critical care environment.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work in stressful situations associated with high volume, urgent care animal practice where accuracy, organization, and flexibility is always needed.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule and work varied shifts as needed, including holidays and on-call.
- Understanding of animal behavior and knowledge of safe animal restraints practices preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work with high attention to detail.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of one year working in the veterinary field.
- Valid driver’s license for driving the DoveLewis transport van desired.
- Experience in critical care or emergency small animal care in private, non-profit, or educational organization preferred.
- Any suitable combination of experience or education may substitute.
$20-$22/hr depending on experience.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the online application and upload a resume.
Why do employees love working at DoveLewis?
- We provide generous employee benefits including: medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time-off, veterinary discounts, and a positive work environment.
- We provide continuing education benefits and abilities to grow your skills and capacities.
- We live up to our mission of providing the best emergency, critical, and specialty care to our patients and service to our clients.
- Your work makes a difference to the animal-loving community and to individual pet owners on a daily basis.
DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen for illegal substances and background screens required.