DoveLewis is currently seeking Rotating Veterinarian Interns for 2023-2024.
DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital is a non-profit, AAHA-accredited and VECCS Level 1-certified client focused and teaching hospital in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Our DVMs are truly leaders on the hospital floor, supporting both a high standard of care and the human beings that deliver that care.
The primary goals for this program are to help interns become competent and skilled at patient assessment and care, build diagnostic and treatment plans, learn how to navigate through complex in-hospital cases, and communicate effectively with clients and colleagues. We emphasize teamwork, compassion, and fair treatment of staff at all levels. Equity and inclusion are core to our operations. We view an internship as a critical step to becoming a successful veterinarian capable of adapting to many roles in their future. Former Dove Lewis interns have moved on to advanced residency training in multiple specialties, and careers in specialty, emergency, and general medicine practice.
What you will get out of working with DoveLewis:
- The ability to see and treat a diverse patient case load in a high-volume, well-equipped ER and ICU
- Direct professional support from our talented and approachable specialists which includes multiple Criticalists, Boarded Surgeons available 24/7, a Cardiologist, two Internists, two Neurologists, a Dermatologist, an Exotics Focused Veterinarian, and an onsite Radiologist, with rotation through all specialty services in the hospital.
- Highly skilled technical support staff and a hospital wide emphasis on continuous teaching and learning
- Multiple DVMs on site at all times with distinct ER and ICU departments for ideal patient management
- Unique community and donor run programs and funds available for optimal patient care such as: an on-site donor-run blood bank, Pet Loss Support, Animal Assisted Therapy & Education, Low-Income Assistance Fund, Abused Animals Fund and a Stray and Wildlife Fund
- Opportunity to practice your emergency critical care skillset and grow as a clinician throughout your career as well as have broad exposure to the specialties within the hospital.
- Work collaboratively with a team of passionate veterinarians who strive for excellence.
Position benefits include:
- Annual salary of $55,000
- Student debt repayment program (qualify for monthly student loan payments from your very first month)
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Mental Healthcare, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 403b, FSA
- Paid professional dues and memberships
- Range of hospital provided and external CE opportunities
- Employee pet ward on-site
- Applicant must earn a veterinary degree from an AVMA accredited school.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Dove Lewis cannot offer Visa sponsorship at this time.
For more information, please visit https://www.virmp.org/Program/Detail/14645.